Placement Volunteer (expenses paid)
Length of placement: 3 months, 2.5 days a week + events
Deadline: Midnight, Wednesday 30 August
Are you interested in working in film exhibition? Would you like to develop your skills in a hands-on creative environment?
Stanley’s Film Club is a community cinema based at two venues in South Norwood. We screen films on a weekly basis, usually on a Wednesday evening, with occasional ad hoc events including family screenings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to undertake a 3-month unpaid work experience placement with us, from 2 October – 22 December 2017. The successful candidate will be expected to commit to 2.5 days office work and one evening event per week (around 24 hours), with occasional additional events and meetings. There will also be a duty to keep on top of the Film Club email account, social media activity and incoming memberships on a day-to-day basis, up to one hour per day.
You will receive ongoing mentoring and support to set you up with a broad range of skills and expand your knowledge of the sector.
- Day-to-day office administration, including responding to customer and member email enquiries;
- Event assistance, including front-of-house duties and setting up for screenings;
- Marketing, including updating social media, web and community outreach, newsletter creation, film research and copywriting;
- Membership administration, including processing new members and preparing membership cards;
- Box office coordination, including bookings management and ticketing email updates;
- Support on funding reports, including inputting audience surveys.
- Enthusiastic, with a passion for film and cinema exhibition
- Proven interest in marketing and social media
- Excellent communication skills, both written and face-to-face
- The ability to work on your own initiative, often from home
- Personable with strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with computers – both Mac & PC
- Flexibility to work evenings (specifically Wednesdays – possibly moving to Thursdays), and occasional weekends
- Familiarity with South Norwood and/or surrounding areas
- Knowledge of some of the IT programmes we use: Gmail, Google Drive, Mailchimp, WordPress and Canva
- Database management experience
- Events experience
- Copywriting skills
- Research skills
- Understanding of, and affinity for, community cinema
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday 30 August. Interviews will take place on Friday 8 September.